Dept. of Science of Living, Preksha Meditation and Yoga
The department of Science of living Preksha Meditation and Yoga was established with the aim to impart education in the discipline of behavioral and therapeutic Meditation, Yoga Naturopathy and value education through the synthesis of spirituality and science.
Two year Post-graduation course run by the department help in achieving physical fitness, mental equilibrium and spiritual bliss. It also promotes alternative therapy skills of the candidate through Yoga and Meditation. The curriculum of the PG degree contains following specialized components –
- Basic elements of Science Of Living.
- Science of Living and Yoga education.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology.
- Science Of Living and stress management.
- Human consciousness and Meditation.
- Value education through Science Of Living.
- Health dimensions and Science Of Living.
- Applied Yoga and Science Of Living.
In addition to PG course, advance level of research work is also been carried out by the faculty members of the department in the field of applied Physiology and Psychology in relation to Meditation and yogic practices as well as their therapeutic application. Special funds are being provided by UGC to the faculty members to carry out research work in the department. Several students are also working for their Ph. D degree in the department.
The department conducts the following study programmes regularly :-
- Ph.D. and D.Litt.
- M.A./M.Sc. in SOL, PM and Yoga
- M.A./M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology
- P.G. Diploma in Preksha Yoga Therapy
- P.G. Diploma in Naturopathy
- Certificate Course in Yoga and Preksha Meditation
- Certificate Course in SOL,P.M. and Yoga Education